Release GTM/MCS C-Compiler v3.0
New version v3.0 of the GTM/MCS C Compiler Toolchain was released. New features are:
- Support of GTM/MCS core level v3.5
- Support of GTM/MCS core level v4.0
- Various improved optimizations in code generation
- New intrinsic functions
- Upgrade of LLVM compiler framework to v6.0.1
- Support of section per function and data
- See Release Notes for details
The GTM compiler has been developed in close cooperation with the IP developer and MCU vendors, and is used by leading Tier1s. The compiler is available as standalone solution, as well as in attractive combination "Packs" with MCU C/C++ compilers.
The most benefit of 'C' programming you can get when using it on architectures implementing GTM/MCS version 3 and later. The C code can be mixed with legacy GTM assembly code.
While the C compiler can be used standalone, it can also be used in conjunction with HighTec's C compilers for the main CPU (on which the GTM/MCS core is hosted). The compiler can also be used in combination with other vendor's C compiler for the main CPU.